Full Cycling & Farming Day in Van Long Nature Reserve
About the Tours
A short trip to Van Long Nature Reserve (Ninh Binh province) from Hanoi has long been an attractive tour for the nature beauty lovers, who want to have the interesting experiences of the Vietnam countryside’s daily life. Joining this day tour, you will cycle on small roads among peaceful villages and the rice field; take part in farming activities to be a real farmer before having a boat trip on the reservoir of Van Long Nature Reserve, the largest wetland of Northern Vietnam. You will have the chance to be closed to nature with thousands of plants and hundreds of world-red-book animals. Don’t miss this chance to explore Ninh Binh land – an ancient capital with the picturesque landscape!
- Cycling to visit the villages, temples, communal house and local market;
- Being a real farmer when joining local daily life working with farming activities;
- Visiting a local ancient house and learning how to cook traditional northern dishes;
- Discovering and enjoying the beauty of Van Long Nature Reserve.
Our driver and tour guide will pick you up at your hotel in Hanoi at around 8:00 in the morning and depart to Ninh Binh Province. After a two-hour drive, you will reach stilt houses at Gia Van (Gia Vien District). There you will get your bike at around 10:00 to start your 7 kilometer cycling on a small road to visit local village, temples, pagodas and local market.
Stop at Cau Vang Hamlet you will spend about one hour joining farming activities and experiencing the local daily life such as catching crab, fishing, transplanting rice, seeding or scooping water or harvesting. You may find it confused and clumsy at first but the feeling of becoming a real farmer in rice fields will make you relaxed and interested.
After that you’ll come to a local ancient house. Here, keep your soul in a cooking demonstration with traditional dishes. Don’t miss the chance to enjoy your food and the simplicity of furniture which brings you back to the peaceful atmosphere in the Vietnam farmer family hundreds of years ago.
In the afternoon, you will visit “Cat Scratch” mountain – the home of delacour’s langurs (in Vietnamese, called Voọc) – the precious animal in the World Red Book and then reach Van Long Wharf where you will have a boat trip along the reservoir of Van Long Nature Reserve – the largest wetland of Northern Vietnam. The green poetic landscape with many kinds of animals will provide you with wonderful opportunities for nice photos. After the boat trip, you’ll get on the car to come back to Hanoi. The short tour is expected to be ended at 17:30 at your hotel in Hanoi.
- Private car
- Private English speaking tour guide
- Bike rental and local guide
- Entrance fees
- Farming tools
- Lunch and mineral water
- Boat trip in Van Long N/R
- Visa arrangements;
- Personal expenses;
- Other transportations not mentioned;
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary;
- This is a trip by private car.
- Guide speaking other languages is subject to availability
- Tour program is subject to change due to weather and operating conditions.