About the Tour
An exclusive Mekong in one day tour is an alternative choice for foreigners to have a fresh experience in the Mekong river delta. Joining the tour, you will be offered chance to explore the Mekong lifestyle and culture by visiting its two religious sites in Cai Be, the Cai Be land and floating market along with the traditional handicraft workshops at Tan Phong Island. Let’s come and live the river life of the hospitable and friendly Mekong residents as well as learn more about their unique culture, surely you won’t be regret!
- Cycling to discover Tan Phong Island, Cai Be – the lush orchards of Mekong region
- Exploring the Mekong culture and the locals’ life by visiting the Cai Be market and floating market, the Cao Dai Temple Cai Be and the Cai Be Catholic Church
- Taking a tour to traditional handicraft workshops as well as talking to the locals to experience their daily life
- Rowing boat through canals to visit a fruit garden: plucking fruits and enjoying them right at the garden
You will be picked up at your hotel in Ho Chi Minh City at 7:00 and then head towards Cai Be District.
Reaching Cai Be at 9:30, we will firstly visit the Cai Be Cao Dai Temple with the Caodaism, a unique religion in this region; and the Cai Be Catholic Church. Afterwards, you will get on the boat and transfer to visit both of Cai Be land market and floating market to observe the locals’ life as well as to distinguish the land market from the floating one. Leaving the two markets, you will continue your discovery tour to explore the river life of Mekong people by using their daily vehicle, hand-rowing boat. The boat will cruise among the meandering rivers and criss-crossed canals and lead you to the “mysterious” Mekong lush orchards.
Return to the boat and shift to Tan Phong Island, where you can have relaxing time to enjoy local fruits before joining our cycling tour to travel around the island. We will visit the traditional handicraft workshops of handbags, rice papers along with wooden tables and chairs. If it is on schooldays, you will also have a chance to make friends with local cute and gentle pupils in a village school. Stop at a local farmer’s house to savour a cup of tea and local specialties of banana candies. You can try plucking the fruits at the host’s garden and talk to him to understand how local farmers take care of their gardens.
Saying goodbye to the hospitable host, we keep on biking to the bang conical hat (nón bàng) workshop. Cycle back to Tan Phong Restaurant to enjoy local food and specialties.
At about 15:00, you will embark the boat to leave Tan Phong Island for the pier to come back Ho Chi Minh City. Tour ends.
- Hotel pick up & drop off
- English speaking guide
- Boat, rowing boat
- Attractions Entrance Fee
- Healthy Vietnamese lunch with local people
- Personal expenses
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Total length of boat trip: 2.5 hours
- Total length of cycling: 30-45 minutes
- Road surface: Rural/Trail
- Difficulty: Normal/Easy