The Cambodian Discovery Tour
About the Tour
Said to be ideal for those who are short on time but want to experience Cambodia’s highlights, the five-day-four-night tour in Cambodia will guide you to explore the two famous cities of Siem Reap and Phnom Penh, featured with a lot of mysterious shrines, temples along with historical vestiges. While Siem Reap brings you a visit to admire the World Heritage Site of Angkor Complex, the capital of Phnom Penh introduces you the Cambodia’s rich history by leading you to the national museum and the horrors of the Killing Fields. Give it a try; it’s time for you to experience Cambodia your own way!
- Cycling through jungles to discover the Complex of Angkor with highlights of Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom, the Bayon Temple, the Terrace of Lapper King and the Terrace of Elephant
- Exploring the mysterious temple of Beng Melea with many sculptures which are hidden among the rubble and the vegetation
- Visiting the Killing Fields, the graveyard of more than 2 millions of Cambodian under the Rouges Khmer headed by Pon Pot from 1975 – 1979
- Tasting the local specialties of Cambodia and enjoying the Apsara performance of the Khmer
Option 1: Arriving in Siem Reap in the morning
After checking in your hotel, you will join a cycling tour to discover the famous overgrown temple of Ta Prom. Leaving the ruins of Ta Prom, we continue cycling to Preah Khan Temple by off-road for seven kilometer. Afterwards, we come back to the hotel for relaxing at the pool and waiting for a first dinner in Siem Reap.
Option 2: Arriving in Siem Reap in the afternoon
You will take a short rest at you hotel room before experiencing a unique Quad Bike (ATV) tour to travel through Siem Reap’s countryside (about 16km) as well as to witness the beautiful view of the sunset as the sun dips below the rice fields. After that, we come back to the hotel for an upcoming dinner.
Dinner is served at a local restaurant with local food and legendary Apsara dance performance which is represented by professional Khmer dancers. Surely you will understand more about the culture of the Khmer people through each Apsara dance.
(Cycling route: 07 km)
Lunch will be served at the house of a local family who will cook traditional food for us.
On the way back to the hotel, you have an option to stop at the Killing Fields (in Siem Reap).
Overnight in Siem Reap.
(Cycling route: Approx. 30 km)
Following the visit to Beng Melea, we will drive you back to your hotel for relaxing at the pool.
Overnight at your hotel in Siem Reap.
You will check-in your hotel in Phnom Penh and have a short break before discovering the capital city of Cambodia. We take a mini cyclo trip around the city to visit the Cambodian National Museum, the Royal Palace. Stop at Wat Phnom Temple in the late afternoon for admiring the city’s panorama at the sunset.
Enjoy a delicious dinner with many specialties at Bopha Phnom Penh Titanic Restaurant. Stay overnight at your hotel in Phnom Penh.
After lunch, you will take a flight from Phnom Penh to your home. End the five-day-tour discover Cambodia.
- Experienced English speaking biking and trekking guide
- 01 Air-conditioned vehicle for transfers and back up as per itinerary
- Local bike hire and helmet
- Quad bike
- Bottled drinking water for walking and biking days
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary ( B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D = Dinner)
- All sightseeing entrance fee where required in the itinerary
- Support Truck and Mechanic (Start from 05 person up)
- Accommodation in hotel (Twin /Double shared room)
- Simple First Aid Kit
- International and domestic flights (quoted separately)
- Meals which are not mentioned in the itinerary
- Camera/video entrance fees
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance, tips, visa
- Total length of cycling: 2 days
- Road surface: Jungle/country side
- Difficulty: Normal/Easy