Half-day Cycling Tour to Explore the Typical Values of Hanoi
About the Tour
Getting an interesting insight into a different Hanoi that few tourists can know, do you want to join us as we will take you to discover the life on the other side of the Red River? Leaving from the noisy Hanoi, we will bike through the banana and vegetable farmlands on Bai Giua, visit the “mysterious” Bonsai Garden, the kumquat and Peach Garden of Quang Ba, and then explore pottery market along the Red River. Try it now to experience another chaotic part of Hanoi!
7:30 (for morning tour) or 13:30 (for afternoon tour): Our guide will pick you up at your hotel in Hanoi and we will then transfer to the bike store. A short briefing and instruction about biking skills and notes will be given to you before we start the half-day cycling tour.
We’ll start the trip by cycling through the Hanoi’s Old Quarter before heading to the legendary Long Bien Bridge, built by the famous Eiffel construction company at the beginning of 20th century. Passing the spot, we’ll ride on the back road along the Red River banks until we meet our first stop at a local Bonsai garden. Afterward, we have a short break at our local’s villager house for more local interaction, tea, and fruits.
Continuing the trip, we will move through the banana and vegetable farmlands on Bai Giua Island of the Red River, which is the best place to take some extraordinary photo of the green fields and the working farmers.
The next stops are the Red River pottery market, where ceramics are stacked waiting to be taken into Hanoi by bicycle, and the Kumquat and peach garden at Quang Ba. The route also takes you past the Red River’s floating houses and fields of colorful flowers, waiting to be picked and taken into Hanoi.
We keep on cycling on the back road along the dike of the river to get back to our bike store; our guide will assist you to get a taxi to return to your hotel at 12:00 (or 18:00). Tour ends here.
- Pickup and drop off at the hotel to the bike store. If your hotel is at outside Hanoi downtown, please pay for extra taxi charge.
- MTB 24-speed TREK or Giant bike or equivalent with helmet and protective gears
- Water, fresh Fruits, and Cafe
- Professional English speaking tour guide. A mechanic if the tour has more than 2 people
- Mineral water and snack
- Pickup from outside Hanoi downtown to the bike store
- Personal expenses
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Road surface: Rural/Trail
- Difficulty: Normal/Easy
- Total length: about 25-30 km
- Tour’s not available on rainy day.