Cycling day tour to Bat Trang Pottery and Thanh Tri Villages
About the Tour
One day cycling tour to the traditional pottery village and rolled rice pancake making village will pull you out of the hustle and bustle of Hanoi capital. Partaking in this biking tour, you will get the opportunity to visit the famous Bat Trang ceramic village with high-quality ceramic and pottery products, learn how to make a handicraft pottery and immerse yourself in traditional culture as well as the local’s daily life. Another highlight of this day trip is at Thanh Tri Village where you can taste and try making rolled rice pancake (Bánh Cuốn), a specialty of Hanoi.
- Cycling through the scenic countryside of Vietnam, passing lush green rice fields, cornfields, vegetable and fruit plantation areas
- Visiting Bat Trang village, learning about the history and the making steps of traditional handicraft pottery
- Experiencing the daily life of local people living along the Red River Dyke
- Stopping at Thanh Tri village to make your own “Thanh Tri” rice pan cake under the local’s instructions
Our guide will pick you up at your hotel in Hanoi at around 7:30 and then we head to the meeting point for getting a bike. A short briefing and instruction about biking skills and notes will be given to you before we start full day cycling tour.
Being ready, we will start the trip by cycling along the Red River dyke, passing the Red River through the legendary Long Bien Bridge, the pride and symbol of architecture in the Far East. After getting out of busy Hanoi center, we will join the small biking trail and spend your time leisurely on cycling through the scenic countryside passing the villages with lush rice fields, cornfields, vegetable farms, and fruit farms to Bat Trang Pottery Village.
Reaching Bat Trang Village, we will first walk along the village to see the local life and the traditional handicraft and then get a chance to shop at the largest ceramic markets in Hanoi. After that, the tour guide will take you on a visit to the local oldest craftsman’s house to learn about the history of this handicraft village and the steps of making a handicraft pottery product.
Saying goodbye to Bat Trang, we will continue biking along Red River dyke and experience the local daily life – with your own eyes seeing “xe thồ” (pack bikes) – the local’s means of transporting goods and commodities and other local means of transportation. A short trip on a local ferryboat passing the Red River to Thanh Tri Village will surely give you amazement. Located in the Southern Hanoi, Thanh Tri has been well-known for its rolled rice pancake for many years. Here we will stop by a local family to learn all the steps of making rolled rice pancake and have the opportunity to make your own one under the instructions of local villagers. Lunch will then be served with rolled rice pancake specialty. After lunch, we will cycle back to Hanoi passing some ancient pagodas and a busy local market. Arriving in Hanoi in the afternoon, we will return our bike and cheers up with some local drinks. Trip ends.
- Pickup and drop off at hotel to bike store. If your hotel is at outside Hanoi downtown, please pay for extra taxi charge.
- MTB 24 speed TREK or Giant bike or equivalent with helmet
- Professional English speaking tour guide with mechanical support
- Ferry fees (crossing Red river)
- Local lunch and cooking class organization
- Mineral water and snack
- Local drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips for guide
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Road surface: Rural/Trail
- Difficulty: Normal/Easy
- Total length: about 40km
- Required minimum tour group of 2 pax