Pedaling through Different Parts of Hanoi
About the Tour
A Hanoi full day cycling tour helps you to observe and discover the capital’s urbanization, which has made a sharp difference between the city and the countryside, the farming area and the urban area. Whereas the Hanoi downtown is often conjured up by the image of the noisy crowded streets, the traffic jams, or the nine-to-five people who’re always in a hurry, its countryside still treasures contrast one which is being forgotten or even eroded by the young generations. Join us to have worthwhile experience on two different parts of the moving capital.
- Visiting Van Van Ancient House and exploring the Bat Trang Pottery Village by listening to its stories, watching ceramic making process and making a pottery yourself
- Visiting a new and modern urban area of Eco-park and then the Bonsai Garden
- Cycling through the banana and vegetable garden located in Bai Giua of the Red River
- Exploring the Red River Pottery Market and the Kumquat and Peach Garden to experience the locals’ life and another chaotic part of Hanoi
Our guide will pick you up at your hotel in Hanoi at around 7:30 and head to the bike store. A short briefing and instruction about biking skills and notes will be given to you before we start the full day cycling tour.
We start the trip by cycling on the crowded streets of Hanoi via a scenic road winding through the Hanoi’s Old Quarters. Then we’ll pass the Red River on Hanoi’s legendary Long Bien Bridge. Following the path along the dyke of the Red River, we’ll make our way to the first stop: Van Van Ancient House in Bat Trang Pottery Village.
After a short break, when you get your mind refreshed by our Vietnamese’s traditional green-tea, we will visit the pottery workshop of artisan Thu, who will tell you the stories of Bat Trang Village as well as show you the process of making ceramic products. Particularly, he is also willing to instruct and help you to make your own pottery product!
Afterwards, the cycling day trip will keep on exploring the area, passing over small ancient-temples, wriggling through tiny alleys to find the main road lead to a new urban area of Eco Park, which is regarded as a remarkable place not only because of its beauty but the contrast it has made to the villages we’ve just passed. Leaving the Eco Park, we’ll ride to our local friend’s house where lunch with dessert will be served.
On the way back to Hanoi, we will visit an interesting and mysterious Bonsai Garden – the garden of sophisticate tree sculpting. Then we will make our way to the Red River’s Bai Giua, the farmlands of lots of bananas and vegetables. The last stop-over is at the Red River Pottery Market of Quang Ba, where ceramics are stacked waiting to be taken into Hanoi by bicycle. The route will also take you passing the Red River’s floating houses and fields of colorful flowers, waiting to be picked and taken to Hanoi.
Continue cycling on the back road along the dyke of river to get back to our bike store, our guide will assist you to get a taxi and escort you to your hotel at around 16:30.
- Pickup and drop off at hotel to bike store.
- MTB 24 speed bike or equivalent with helmet and protective gears (First aid kit included)
- Professional English speaking tour guide. A mechanic if tour has more than 2 people
- Mineral water, tissues, lunch, snack and fruits
- Pickup from outside Hanoi downtown to bike store
- Personal expenses
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Road surface: Rural/Trail
- Difficulty: Normal
- Total length: about 45km
- Tour’s not available on rainy day.