About the Tour
Running away from the hustle and bustle of Hanoi capital, let leave it for a while and join our cycling tour to the countryside with traditional handicraft villages and pagodas for some refreshments. This day trip will take you to one of the most famous pottery villages in Vietnam called Bat Trang and the only folk-painting village in Vietnam named Dong Ho. You will also have the chance to visit the cradle of Vietnam’s Buddhism with the most ancient pagodas, Dau Pagoda and But Thap Pagoda.
- Exploring the famous Bat Trang Pottery Village located on the bank of Red Rivers since 14th-15th century.
- Observing the simple daily life of local people living on the banks of Red River and Duong River
- Learning about the outstanding and distinctive characteristics of Buddhism in two of the most ancient pagodas: Dau Pagoda and But Thap Pagoda
- Discovering the art of Dong Ho traditional folk paintings, which mainly focuses on wishing and praising as well as daily life of local people
You’ll be picked up at your hotel in Hanoi at 7:30am and transferred to our bike store to pick up your bike and start cycling along the Red River dike to the scenic countryside of Hanoi. On the way, we will pass peaceful villages, lush green rice fields and vegetable farms. The small biking trail will lead you to Bat Trang Pottery Village where you will experience the daily life of locals, try to make some products, visit the pottery market and buy some souvenirs for your beloveds.
We will then leave your bike to the support car and take a short drive to Dau Pagoda (in BacNinh Province), where you can learn about Buddhism in Vietnam. This pagoda is a link between Buddhism and the faith of agricultural Gods worshiping for thousand years.
Leaving Dau Pagoda, you’ll continue to Dong Ho folk-painting village – where woodcut paintings of Vietnam were born. You will observe the process of making paintings.
After lunch in Dong Ho Village, you will bike along Duong River (Sông Đuống) towards But Thap Pagoda – an ancient pagoda with unique architecture which symbolizes for Buddhism in 13th century under Tran Dynasty. Our tour-guide will share with you the knowledge and interesting facts about Buddhism in Vietnam since 13th century.
You will be transferred back to Hanoi at about 16:00. End of the tour.
- Private car transportation and support bike
- Bike (MTB) with helmet
- Professional English speaking tour guide with mechanical support skill
- Lunch, mineral water and snack
- Visa arrangements
- Personal expenses
- Other transportations not mentioned
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary
- This is a trip by private car.
- Guide speaking other languages is subject to availability.
- This trip includes temples and pagoda in local villages, please DO NOT wear shorts or mini-skirts to show your respect.
- Tour program is subject to change due to weather and operating conditions.