About the Tour
When you crave for something different, snake meat is the type of food that offers inventive flavor. With a special chewy texture, it will certainly give your appetite a brand-new but mesmerizing experience.
Going on Hanoi Snake Food Tour, adventurers can have a half-day trip to Le Mat Village which is well-known for snake dishes. Here they will enjoy a lavish snake meal cooked by professional chefs, before being taken further to a local farm where snakes are raised and trained.
This food tour is hard to be found elsewhere because snake cuisines in Le Mat Village are peculiar. From snakeskin, snake porridge to snake wine, there are all sorts of delicacies to taste during this exotic journey.
- All-inclusive tour
- Choices of departure time throughout the day
- Witness and hold snakes on the farm
- 10 unique dishes made from all parts of the snakes
- Free drinks and snacks included
- Get meticulous attention and individual help from your tour guide while dining on snake dishes
Things to Know
Tour price based on the number of people (valid until September 2021):
|Number of people||1||2||3||4||5||6|
|Price per person||98 USD||65 USD||65 USD||54 USD||54 USD||49 USD|
- 0 – 3 years old: free of charge
- 4 – under 8 years old: 75% of adult price
- More than 9 years old: full adult rate
This is a 3-hour food tour.
You may choose between two departure options: 10:00 (for lunch) and 17:00 (for dinner). The tour guide will pick you up at your hotel according to the arranged time. Then you can embark on your exciting trip to Le Mat Village which is only about 5 km from Hanoi Old Quarter.
In “snake village” of Le Mat, you can observe our seasoned chefs preparing snake meals. Almost all the snakes used to serve this meal are grass snakes and cobras.
You would be amazed at how experienced cooks choose the snakes and turn them into a wide range of scrumptious delicacies by special cooking methods. Normally, snake hearts and galls are poured into wine to serve as drinks. Other parts of the snakes will be cooked in several ways like frying, grilling, wrapping in leaves,… to create an explosion of food experiences.
There are 10 snake dishes in total which are all made from snake meat, peppered with Vietnamese herbs and spices. You can sample their distinctive taste, from frugal dishes like stir fried snake with veggies, snake soup, sanke porridge, to high-seasoned ones such as snake spring rolls, grilled snake, deep fried snake skin,…
The snake food tour will become more adventurous as uncooked and fresh snake hearts are served, accompanied by a shot of snake wine which is made from Vietnamese rice and snake blood. If you want to try a stronger flavor, this is an occasion to satisfy your appetite.
After savoring a feast of local snake dishes, you are scheduled to visit a snake farm in Le Mat Village in which crocodiles and snakes are fed and trained. Next, you can witness several snake drinks, including snakes soaked in traditional medicine and especially the biggest snake bottle of King Cobra snake wine in Vietnam.
At about 13:00 or 20:00, when all activities are completed, you will return to your hotel and the tour ends.
- Transportation (car or motorbike)
- 10 dishes of Vietnamese snake cuisine
- Snake wine, beer/water/green tea/soft drink
- Ticket to snake farm
- Local tour guide
- Other transportations not mentioned
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Personal expenses
- Tips (optional)
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours before the start date.
- Hotel pick-up must be around city central area.