Gourmet Vietnam Tours
About the Tour
One of the most special features in this Gourmet Vietnam tour is that you can cook Vietnamese traditional dishes by yourself so that you can do it again for your beloveds when you come back home. Together with the guidance of experienced chefs as well as friendly locals, you can surely prepare good Vietnamese dishes. From what you have learned from this tour, you will clearly feel the Vietnamese culture hidden inside the food’s taste, flavor and color.
- Visiting local markets to learn about fresh products and herbs as well as experiencing the daily life of the locals
- Joining cooking classes in the North, Central and South of Vietnam with the experienced chefs’ support to cook Vietnamese traditional dishes by yourself
- Traveling to famous destinations in big cities in Vietnam: Hanoi Old Quarter, Halong Bay, Imperial City in Hue, My Khe Beach in Da Nang, Hoi An Ancient Town, Cu Chi Tunnels, Vinh Long floating market, etc
In the evening, you will have dinner with Vietnamese cuisine at one of the Hanoi’s best and most fashionable restaurants.
Overnight at your hotel in Hanoi City.
In the afternoon, you will have a mini trip tour to discover the Hanoi Old Quarter by “xich-lo”, a bicycle-type taxi, for sightseeing. During this tour, you can learn more about “36 streets”, most of which are named after the crafts or merchandise traditionally sold there as well as experience the daily life of Hanoians and enjoy local coffee. This second day will end with a performance of a traditional water puppet show in the Municipal Water Puppet Theatre located nearby Hoan Kiem Lake. Water puppetry is one of the traditional oldest arts of Vietnam in general and Northern in particular. Overnight in Hanoi.
Reaching Halong Bay, you will embark into a boat and start your exciting five hour cruise passing majestic limestone karsts while the lunch with local specialties are surved. The jut upright out of the water, which creates a dramatic and mesmerizing landscape will make your lunch even more delicious. There are stops to visit a mysterious cave and leisuring time to swim in the deep blue water before a feast with fresh seafood is ready for dinner.
Stay overnight on the Junk Cruise.
Brunch will be available for you before disembarking. You will be picked up at the pier and transfer back to Hanoi by car. You will reach Hanoi at around 16:00. Overnight in Hanoi before catching a morning flight to Hue city the following day.
In the late afternoon, on the way driving back to the hotel in the city center, we'll stop for a while and experience the daily life of Hue inhabitants at Dong Ba market.
Overnight in Hue.
In the afternoon, we will sit in a boat floating along Huong River, take glimpses along the green banks visiting Thien Mu Pagoda and Ming Mang Emperor’s Royal Tomb. After that, you will be back to your hotel and spend rest of the day as you wish.
Hoi An is a peaceful town having a unique concentration of monuments of various architectures of Vietnam, China and even Japan. Let yourself join a street food walking tour to discover Hoi An Ancient Town and try some local specialties. Moreover, you can spend some time on shopping around as this ancient town has a large number of tailor shops. Overnight in Hoi An.
Moreover, after turning back to Hoi An in the afternoon, you also join a cooking lesson. First, the chef will help you to boat to the market to pick ingredients for the lesson. Then you will turn back to the restaurant by cyclo and start your preparing three classic Vietnamese dishes. Enjoy dinner after lesson. Overnight in Hoi An.
Arriving in Ho Chi Minh City, you will have a short city tour to see how bustle and hustle this city is. In the evening, you will enjoy your dinner at a local restaurant near your hotel in Saigon downtown.
After enjoying your lunch, you will depart to Cu Chi Tunnels - an important base during the American War because of its strategic location. There you will understand the network of underground tunnels connecting command posts, hospitals, shelters, and weapon factories.
Spend some hours at Cu Chi Tunnel taking some nice photos, listening to interesting and magnanimous legends about Vietnam War then come back to Ho Chi Minh City. Overnight at your hotel in the city.
Upon arrival, you will embark on a motorized boat to visit the popcorn cake, rice paper making family before visiting the lively floating market of Cai Be. After that, you will move to Vinh Long Province and see the diverse fish traps to learn more about the locals’ daily life.
The tour program on this day will offer you a cruise along small canals to take glimpses along the green banks then disembark to watch a typical and interesting music show of the Mekong cultural life. The lunch will be served at a local family or a bonsai garden.
In the afternoon, you have a 30 minute-short-walk around villages to enjoy the peaceful atmosphere of the countryside. In Mekong Delta area, you can see many of orchards and if you want you can stop and ask for some fruits. After that, you continue floating to visit the pottery workshop then drive back to Ho Chi Minh City in late afternoon. Overnight in hotel.
- English speaking guide. Other languages are available upon request
- A/C private Cabin on Cruise in Ha Long bay
- 3 star Hotels (accomodation)
- Meals as mentioned in the program
- All transfers and land transportation in private vehicles
- Boat trips as mentioned in the itinerary
- All entrance fees
- Daily mineral waters
- Domestic and International flight
- Insurance, gratuities and personal expenses
- Visa arrangement
- Meals, drinks and personal expenses and other meals not mentioned on the program.
- Children under 5 years old: Free of charge
- Children from 5 to 10: 75% of adult’s rate
- Children over 10: Full rate
- Private trip
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
- Please DO NOT wear shorts or mini-skirts to show your respect when visit temples, pagodas and historical sites.
- Tour program is subject to change due to weather and operating conditions.