About the Tour
You had a day at the beach or historical sites? Now it is time to explore local cuisine, local life and wide view from back of vintage vespa. This Hoi An night street food tour fills up your evening with fun, food and adventure.
- Eat your own way through the ancient town Hoi An, in a local style
- Taste authentic Hoi An food in hidden local food spots off the tourist trail
- Venture into bustling markets and maze of alleys of the old town to search for savory treats
- Understand more about Hoi An’s unique food culture
- Witness the spectacular beauty of famous Japanese covered bridge after dark while drinking a local beverage at a riverfront cafe
You will be greeted at hotel by our friendly local guide and then introduced the safe way of riding motorbike. After a quick briefing, we start heading out for sightseeing and taking photos of sunset. We will stop at famous Madam Phuong ‘banh mi’ shop in Hoi An to try Vietnamese sandwiches. After that, the Vespa will take you to Hoi An Central Market on the bank of Thu Bon River. Here, you will enjoy ‘Cao Lau’ noodles with authentic local taste, a specialty just found in Hoi An ancient town.
Riding through a small alley and stopping at local business house, you will see how real Vietnamese life looks like. Here, we will discover a Vietnamese traditional cake: Banh Beo – a popular snack of Hoi An people. You will have a chance to talk and take photos with the owner of the shop.
After relaxing your stomach for a while, the tour guide and Vespa team will ride and take you to the oldest pagoda in Hoi An where few tourists know about. Then we will take a lovely trip through the countryside and see farmers working on the rice paddies under the sun.
Continue our trip and try ‘Banh Khot’ – a round pancake made with rice flour, turmeric, coconut milk, quail egg and vegetables at a famous street vendor near Hoai Square. Next, you will take the food challenge with one of the Top 10 weird foods in the world. Finally, the tour will end up at a local restaurant by the river to enjoy a special dinner and discover a part of the culture of Vietnamese people – “Nhau” style with cold beer and delicious food. Around 9:30, you will return to your hotel.
- English speaking tour guide
- Meal(s) as indicated
- Entry Fees (if any)
- Private land transfer
- Shuttle bus transfer
- Travel Insurance
- Domestic & International flight (if any)
- Vietnam visa arrangement
- Tips and Gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Be ready for the tour at 5:00 PM
- Return time: at 9:30 pm
- Dress code is casual with comfortable clothing and hiking shoes