Vietnam Northern Highlights
About the Tour
This tour is designed for the discerning travelers who have limited time and wish to explore the true beauty and hidden charms of the North of Vietnam. Joining this tour, you will discover the diverse beauty of Vietnam including ancient Hanoi Capital, charming Sapa and poetic Halong Bay with friendly locals, stunning limestone mountains and picturesque villages.
- Discovering Hanoi Old Quarter to deeply understand about Vietnamese culture and lifestyle
- Visiting traditional handicraft villages outer Hanoi
- Trekking in Northern Vietnam to experience the local life of ethnic minority groups as well as to enjoy fresh air and peaceful landscape
- Exploring Sapa Town and visiting traditional market of colorful handicrafts
- Floating on Halong Bay, tasting fresh seafood and joining outdoor activities
Overnight at your hotel in Hanoi.
On arrival at the Bat Trang Pottery Village – one of the most famous handicraft villages of Vietnam, you'll start a soft walking to see how the locals here make pottery products, and then stop at the biggest ceramic market of the area to for a trial making of ceramic product or enjoy shopping for unique gift for your beloved. At noon, you'll be transferred back to Hanoi to enjoy lunch at a local restaurant.
In the afternoon, you will visit the Museum of Ethnology where you can get a glance of different ethnic minorities living in Vietnam. Then, with the next 1-hour cyclo around Hanoi's Old Quarter, you are promised to get a slow-speed view of a maze of labyrinthine streets as the daily life of the locals.
In the evening, our guide will take you to the station for the night train to Lao Cai.
Overnight on train.
Upon arrival, you will stop to leave your luggage and possibly take a shower in our partner hotel’s room.
After breakfast at a restaurant in Sapa Town, you’ll start the trekking trip from Sapa to Ta Phin valley. You start from Sapa and walk through the town for about 20 minutes before turning to a dirt road to Ma Tra, a black H’mong village. Leaving Ma Tra, you continue trekking to Ta Phin village of the Red Dzao located in one of the most scenic valleys. On the trekking path, a pinic lunch will be served outdoors in immense scenery and wild sounds that brings you unforgettable memories.
Reaching Ta Phin village, tour guide will give you time to explore the peaceful village; pose for photographs with stunning mountain view background and local people.
At around 15:00, you’ll return to Sapa by private vehicle to check in your hotel. You spend rest of your day exploring Sapa Town along with its market and sloping streets decorated with many colorful handicrafts.
After chatting with/talking to one of the families in the village, You walk to the main road to meet up with our driver and return to Sapa Town. You’re then free to explore the town with market and sloping streets decorated with many colorful handicrafts.
At around 18:00, you will join a bus and getting back to Lao Cai to catch up a night train to Hanoi. Overnight on train
At around 8:00 you will start for 3.5 hour drive from Hanoi to Halong City through the Red River Delta. Upon arrival, you will get on board of the junk and start cruising to the Bai Tu Long Bay – the further part of Halong bay while lunch with fresh seafood is served (vegetarian menu available).
Outdoor activities such as swimming and kayaking will bring you with even more exciting experiences at the anchor point. Let's start our closer exploration of the limestone rocks then enjoy the feeling of the wind blowing on the top or take some nice photos of Halong Bay panorama. Enjoy your dinner and stay overnight on board.
The Vietnam Northern Highlights tour will end at about 18:00 at your hotel.
- Accommodation at 3-star standard hotels
- English speaking local tour guides. Other languages are available upon request
- All transfers and land transportation in private A/C vehicles
- Train ticket from Hanoi to Sapa (soft sleepers)
- Boat trips as mentioned in the itinerary
- Daily mineral water
- All entrance fees
- Visa arrangements
- Domestic and International flight
- Insurance, gratuities and personal expenses
- Meals, drinks and personal expenses and other meals not mentioned on the program.
- Children under 5 years old: Free of charge
- Children from 5 to 10: 75% of adult’s rate
- Children over 10: Full rate
- Private trip
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
- Please DO NOT wear shorts or mini-skirts to show your respect when visit temples, pagodas and historical sites.
- Tour program is subject to change due to weather and operating conditions.