Half-day Tour to Experience Wet Rice Cultivation
About the Tour
The half-day tour to experience the wet rice cultivation in Hoi An countryside is designed to tell you the sequence of rice cultivation and how the local Vietnamese farmers grow rice in the rice fields. Furthermore, you can also join their farming activities to understand more the hardship of Vietnamese farmers. Give yourself a chance to be a real Vietnamse farmer with memorable moments and feelings!
- Beholding the rice field and the fruit orchard in Mekong River.
- Getting to know Khmer’s culture
- Biking along the path through the small but beautiful hamlet
- Communicating with the localsEnjoying species and various fresh fruit unique in this land.
We will pick you up at your hotel at 8.00, then we start biking to the Cam Thanh Village, pass through the rice fields and enjoy the fresh air and cool wind of the countryside.
Upon arrival at Cam Thanh Village, you will be welcomed by the friendly local farmers and have a peaceful tea-time in the rice field talking about the normal local farming life.
Next, you will take chance to wear farming clothes, Vietnamese conical hat or boosts, etc. before getting into the muddy rice field. And coming up is our tour guide’s introduction to the growth of the wet rice and how to grow it.
Afterwards, it’s time to turn your sleeves and start the farming works to learn growing wet rice with the help of water-buffalo plough along with agriculatural water system and then transplant rice in the rice field.
Finally, you will enjoy riding water-buffalo before returning to the local farmer’s house for local meal.
Biking back to the hotel. Trip ends.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off in Hoi An
- Bike rental or van pickup
- English/French speaking tour guide (Other language is available upon request)
- Farming activities introducing and arrangement (transplanting rice, riding buffalos)
- Farmer uniform (clothes, conical hat, boost, gloves)
- Local meals in local farmer’s house
- Mineral water and wet tissue
- Visa arrangements
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Other transportations not mentioned
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary
- This is group tour with sharing tour guide; Private trips are available on your request.
- Tour program is subject to change due to weather and operating conditions.