Day Trip to Discover an Elegant Hobby of Hanoians
About the Tour
Leaving behind the noisy and busy Hanoi capital; let’s join our Hanoi suburban one day tour to discover an elegant hobby of Hanoians. Our one-day itinerary will guide you to the bird market and bird-cage making village. There you will have the chance to observe the craftsmen villagers making a birdcage. Additionally, we will also stop at Van Phuc Silk Village –famous for its exquisite silk products. Give it a try and we guarantee you will never regret it!
- Visiting the bird market in Hanoi suburban to see how locals buying and selling bird pets, bird cages and bird foods
- Taking a visit to Canh Hoach birdcage-making Village and experiencing the steps of making a birdcage as well as buying some hand-held fans as souvenirs
- Visit Van Phuc Village, shopping at the picturesque village.
Our car and tour guide will pick you up at your hotel at 8:30 and then we will depart for Hanoi bird market. You will visit the bird fair; watch the locals buying and selling bird pets, bird cages and bird foods. You are free to take photos to save memorable moments.
Next, we will visit Vac (Canh Hoach) birdcage-making village. Bird cages made by Vac villagers are well-known nationwide for their durability, beauty and luxuriousness. Visiting to house of one artisan in Canh Hoach Village, you will see that bird cages are piled up on both sides of the path. To satisfy three criteria of durability, beauty as well as luxuriousness, the craftsmen have to undertake many steps, such as whittling the bamboo splints to make the bottom of cages together with making and decorating the brims and assembling the parts.
Please do not forget to ask our guide to take you around the village and buy some hand-held fans (folding fans) as souvenirs for your beloved.
Lunch will be served with local specialties on the way.
In the afternoon, you will leave Vac Village for Van Phuc Silk Village, the most well-known weaving silk traditional village of Vietnam. Upon arrival, you will learn how local people create the perfect silk products. Then, you can visit the pagoda and temple in the village and have a feel of the ancient villages in Northern Vietnam. You are free to spend time shopping at Van Phuc Silk Village and buying silk products and bring them home.
We will transfer you to your hotel at around 16:00. The day tour ends here.
- Private car transfer
- Private English/French speaking tour guide
- All entrance fees
- Local lunch, coffee
- Mineral water
- Shopping and Personal Expenses
- Visa arrangements
- Other transportation not mentioned
- Other services and expenses not mentioned in the itinerary
- This is a private tour.
- The Itinerary is subject to be changed or canceled due to bad weather conditions without notice.
- Please contact us for the date of bird fair before booking your tour.