Two Day Glance at Mekong Delta
About the Tour
If you have limited time in Ho Chi Minh City but still wish to have a localized experience and capture the true essence of the Mekong Delta, this 2-day trip is your truly ideal choice. Taking you to visit Cai Be floating market and Tan Phong Island, the itinerary offers a glimpse into the vibrant southern delta region, gives you a chance to immerse yourselves into the peaceful scenery, explore the exotic countryside lifestyle and experience the daily culture in this watery region. Which should be better for your two days discovering the region than this Mekong tour!
- Discovering the most typical features of the Mekong Delta by both waterway and land with visits to floating market and traditional handicraft villages
- Joining daily activities of the locals such as picking fruits, catching fish, growing vegetables and rice to understand more about the local culture
- Being a true gourmet by attending a cooking class of Southern Vietnamese dishes
Upon arrival in Cai Be wharf, you'll be transferred to a sampan to start a trip through many branches of Mekong Delta. Our first stops is the colorful Cai Be floating market, followed by a visit to a Coconut Farm, and then listen to the "Tai Tu Music". Finally, you will visit Tan Phong Island by boat before checking in a Home-stay at Tan Phong Island.
Lunch will be served in a local Ancient House of the village in Tan Phong Island with a lot of delicious specialties and fresh fruits. Then you will have a short time to relax or walk around the surroundings.
After lunch, you will cycle around Tan Phong Island (Tien Giang province) for exploring the rural life of local people. Attending the cooking class in the late afternoon will bring you an interesting experience of cooking traditional Vietnamese dishes.
Overnight at Home-stay in Tan Phong Island
Back to Tan Phong Island for checking out homestay.
After lunch, the sampan takes you to Cai Be wharf for driving back to Ho Chi Minh City.
- English speaking guide
- Boat trip
- All meals mentioned
- Entrance fees
- Mineral water, fruits, tea
- Home-stay for overnight
- Accommodations in Ho Chi Minh city
- Other meals not mentioned
- Other services not mentioned
- Drinks not mentioned in the meals
- Personal expenses
- This is a trip by private car and boat.
- Guide speaking other languages is subject to availability.
- Tour program is subject to change due to weather and operating conditions.