Sunrise on Tam Giang Lagoon Half-day Tour
About the Tour
Sunrise on Tam Giang Lagoon Half-day Tour takes you to the largest brackish lagoon in Southeast Asia to contemplate its spectacular beauty in the early morning. Floating on a sampan boat, you can feel the change of time which bestows glamorous moments upon this lagoon. The aesthetic appeal of Tam Giang Lagoon at that time will certainly make you crave to get some Instagrammable photos.
During this journey, you can also keep a close eye on the way fishermen and anglers use nets and other fishing gear to catch fish. Experience fishing activities as a local and enjoy Tam Giang specialties, that’s really engaging.
- Sunrise gazing on a boat
- Catch fish with local fishermen
- Try savory seafood at Chuon Lagoon
- Penetrate into local daily atmosphere
Things to Know
Tour price based on group size:
|Number of people||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||>=8|
|Price per person||83 USD||42 USD||30 USD||22 USD||19 USD||16 USD||14 USD||12 USD|
- Kids under 5 years old: free of charge
- 5 – under 10 years old: 75% of adult price
- >=10 years old: as adult rate
This is a 3-hour tour.
4:30: Our driver and tour guide will pick you up at your hotel in the center of Hue City. It may take you about 10 minutes to reach Tam Giang Lagoon.
5:00: On arrival at Tam Giang Lagoon, you will get on a local fishing vessel and be provided with life jackets before cruising to Chuon area. Here, the fishermen will instruct you to throw the net and use other tools in order to catch fish and shrimps. Then you can practice it by yourself and try your fortune at seeking a particular fish.
5:45 – 7:00: After trying fishing activities with locals, you will embark on a scenic excursion around Tam Giang Lagoon for sunrise gazing. It’s time for you to take several pictures for remembrance because it is not easy to find such enticing scenery in the city.
Besides, it’s worth exploring fishing villages’ busy atmosphere at the beginning of a day. In the early morning, the local market becomes so bustling, men go fishing while women buy and sell fish. When wandering around the early rural market, you can pop into some food stands to taste a typical delicacy of Tam Giang Lagoon: fried pancake served with kinh fish (Banh Khoai Ca Kinh in Vietnamese).
7:30: You will return to your hotel in Hue City. The tour finishes.
- Pick up at hotel
- High-quality car for transportation
- Experienced English speaking guide
- English speaking driver
- Sampan boat
- Water and tissue
- Admission fee to Tam Giang Lagoon
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- Meals and drinks not mentioned in the program
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours before the start date.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- The tour is not suitable for those with heart problems and other serious medical conditions.