About the Tour
If you want to get a closer look into the Saigon’s architecture, history and culture, there is no better way than grabbing your camera and hopping onto the Saigon photography tour – Saigon Through The Lens. The difference between this photography tour with others in Vietnam is that it can provide travelers with the chance to admire large swaths of Ho Chi Minh City, immerse in the unique culture and history of the city, not to mention the opportunity to improve their photography skills. No matter who you are, either amateur or professional photographers, there is always something for you to enjoy.
- Catch the best morning light and beating the heat in the early morning
- Travel around District 1, 3 4, 5, 10 to explore a high-rise temple in the Chinatown
- Stroll through a bustling market and enjoying a famous Vietnamese breakfast named Banh Mi Chao (panned baguette)
- Learn how to change the manual setting and better use the features on the camera to achieve the best results
The default beginning time of this Saigon Through the Lens is 6 am, but you are recommended to start earlier at 5 am to catch the sunrise and take photos of the best morning light.
Then, from District 1, you will be taken to areas in the Districts 3, 4, 5, 10 to explore a temple in the center of Chinatown. After that, you will stroll through a bustling market and go upstairs to explore things from a vantage point. In the middle of the tour, you will stop amidst a residential complex to taste a popular Vietnamese breakfast named Banh Mi Chao (panned baguette).
You also stop at a 100-year-old alleyway named the Gustave Eiffel-designed Rainbow Bridge, occupied by the Cantonese settlers’ ancestors who came to Saigon about 300 years ago. Unlike any other photo tour in Asia, this tour offers travelers many unique Vietnam photography chances.
The educational tour is a perfect combination between a half-day photography class and a city tour. You can stop at some amazing sights and learn to change the manual settings on the camera, get a lesson on composition and framing, and dig a deeper look into the importance of exposure triangles of ISO, Aperture and Shutter Speed, etc.
This tour will bring a totally different experience about Vietnam photography tours. Other tours can be led by tour guides with no knowledge of photography but simply taking you to places to take photos; however, with this Saigon through the lens tour, tour guides are professional Vietnamese photography instructors who earn their living with this field. There will be invaluable techniques of photography revealed by a local teacher in this fun and educational tour that allow you to best capture each moment in the city.
- Accident insurance
- Hotel transfers (in District 1, 3, 4, 5 plus some exclusions applied)
- English speaking tour guide
- Motorbike, fuel, helmet
- Vietnamese breakfast
- Purified drinking water
- Rain poncho (if necessary)
- Other personal expenses
- There is an extra tour video service (with fee). Using this service, you will have a special video created by us about your ride.
- The basic tour has the maximum group size of 4 guests.
- If you want something private, there is a private tour option for an additional fee.