About the Tour
This hard trekking adventure journey discovers the mysterious mountain peak of Ta Xua Nature Reserve, which seems to be like a dinosaur’s backbone, with a rough path on the halfway up the mountain, extremely deep cliffs and heavy wind along the two sides of the mountain. This area is also said to be the heaven of clouds thanks to its rugged terrain and the vast of steppe with thousands of wildflowers.
In the afternoon, our guide will meet you again and we depart for Nghia Lo, Yen Bai province. The total distance is about 200 km; you will have dinner up on arrival and spend the night at a local 3 star hotel. Sleep in Nghia Lo.
After lunch, you’ll continue the trek through the wild flower plateau and through tortoise-head rock to reach the base-camp at 2,200m height. Set for sleeping, relax and catch amazing moment of sunset above the ocean of cloud before a warm dinner with some local wine. Sleep in tent.
Then, you’ll continue trekking down of the primary forest with ancient Pine trees and countless species of orchids to get back to the 2,200m point for setting base camp. You will also have a chance to explore the dwarf bamboo forest on the mountain ridge and visit a very nice waterfall on the way.
You’ll stop and set for base camp at 2,200m point, have dinner with some local wine before sleeping in tent.
In the afternoon, we will visit to a Thai’s traditional village. Don’t miss a chance to have a hot bath by a natural spring to relax and recover. Check in a stilt-house for night and enjoy a local dinner with full of Thai’s specialties.
After a short rest, we will drive 160km back to Hanoi. This interesting discovery tour will end at around 18:00 in Hanoi.
- Proffessional English speaking guide
- Local porter to carry foods and tents
- Snacks and fresh water for trekking days
- Meals mentioned (foods will be focused on nutrition and suitable in camping days. B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)
- All transportation in private vehicles
- Local wine and vine
- Sleeping bag (5oC suitable)
- First-aid kit
- Tent and waterproof jacket
- Entrance fees and trek permission
- Hot bath
- Accommodations mentioned
- International flights with airport taxes
- Visa arrangement
- Personal trekking shoes, clothes and accessories
- Personal expenses
- Other drinks than mentioned
- Travel Insurrance
The following brings are essential suggested for trekking days only:
- Backpack specialized for trekking.
- Trekking shoes (extra light sandal suggested).
- Light and comfortable trousers (02 pcs)
- Cotton long sleeve: (01pc for each day)
- Long socks (01 pair for each day)
- Waterproof jacket: 01
- Pullover: 01
- Coat to keep warm at night and waypoint: 01
- Durable flashlight
- Camera (compact camera is suggested)
- Hat, sun-glasses and other mandatory