Mekong Unique Culture in Two Day Tour
About the Tour
The Mekong Delta tour is exclusively designed for those wishing to understand the unique Mekong culture by experiencing and participating in locals’ work, such as doing the gardening, fishing or growing bonsai. Apart from acting as local farmers with the daily activities, you can have an opportunity to learn how to cook local dishes as well as to enjoy all of them. Additionally, Don Ca Tai Tu (Southern Folk Music), a World’s intangible cultural heritage & an outstanding traditional art of Mekong will surely fulfill your trip in Vietnam, in particular the charming Mekong Delta.
- Cycling to discover around Tan Phong Island, passing through the lush orchards to enjoy the cool and fresh air of the rural countryside
- Becoming local farmers and joining their daily activity of ditch-fishing-hook
- Experiencing locals’ life by visiting a farmer’s house; understanding more the traditional folk art of Don Ca Tai Tu and the art of growing bonsai; learning how to make Banh la mit (rice cake wrapped in jackfruit leaves) as well as tasting the honey in Tan Phong
- Using local vehicles of bicycles and rowing boats during the tour
Getting on the boat to Cai Be Floating Market for exploring the river life of Mekong people. While the boat travels along the river, you will have a chance to observe locals in their daily activities.
We will the transfer to the rowing boats to visit Mekong canals and return to the boat to come back to Tan Phong Island for check-in your resort and enjoying lunch time with local specialties.
Once finishing lunch, we continue discovering Tan Phong Island on the two wheels. . We stop at a local’s house to visit their vegetable and fruit gardens. Afterwards, you will definitely enjoy time catching fish with your hands in the small canals. Particularly, lucky tourists, who succeed in catching fish, can be offered the grilled-fish there.
In the late afternoon, you will spend time preparing some local dishes with resort chefs and enjoy dinner.
Another fascinating activity of the 2nd day trip to explore Mekong culture is a visit to Ms Phuc’s home, where she will instruct you to make Banh La Mit (rice cake wrapped in jackfruit leaves) and a visit to Uncle Hai Yen’s home to learn about his beekeeping for honey.
Afterwards, we will be back to Tan Phong Island for a short rest before checking out. Enjoying the last lunch at Tan Phong and preparing luggage to return to Ho Chi Minh City in the afternoon.
We meet together in Ho Chi Minh City. Saying goodbye and ending the memorable tour to explore Mekong culture.
- Hotel pick up & drop off
- English speaking guide
- All meals as mention
- Boat, rowing boat
- Attractions Entrance Fee
- Personal expenses
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Total length of boat trip: two day
- Total length of cycling: 30-45 minutes
- Road surface: Rural/Trail
- Difficulty: Normal/Easy