About the Tour
This Mekong Delta tour leads you deep into the watery world of the Mekong Delta from Saigon to Siem Reap, opening up all the splendors of Vietnam and Cambodia. The itinerary has its all takes to ensure you truly unforgettable experiences from cruising along the Mekong River, visiting the bustling and colorful Vietnam floating markets and the royal palace in Cambodia to discovering the local life along the Mekong river as well as exploring the spectacular Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom, theWorld Cultureal Heritage.
- Enjoying a boat trip to Cai Be and Cai Rang Floating markets, experiencing how people exchange their fruits and immersing yourself in the bustling atmosphere of the floating markets as well as discovering the typical business culture on the water
- Visiting orchards of tropical fruits and tasting the fresh fruits, the typical feature of the South of Vietnam
- Participating in exciting farming activities at night including groping for crabs, catching fish catching, watching fire-flies, crossing the monkey bridge, etc.
- Visiting the traditional handicraft villages of candy making, rice paper making and honey processing and silk weaving village, etc.
- Discovering the local culture and daily life in Chau Doc which is considered a place of cross culture, home to Kinh, Cham and Khmer people
- Discovering PhnomPenh – the capital of Cambodia with the National Museum, Wat Phnom Pagoda and Royal Palace
- Admiring the ancient beauty of Siem Reap with the legendary Angkor Wat and Angkor Thorm
After taking a short break, we will take a rowing boat trip through small canals. It is time for you to relax, enjoy the fresh and peaceful air of the countryside and sightsee fruitful orchards along the canals. After about one hour on boat, we will return to the dock for boarding our car to travel to Can Tho.
Upon arrival in Can Tho, check in hotel and you will be free for discovering the biggest city in the Southwestern Vietnam.
Overnight in Can Tho.
Leaving the bustling floating market behind, we continue cruising though small canals and passing large verdant orchards from which the fruits comes to the floating markets before coming back to the wharf at noon for a lunch in the nearby restaurant.
In the afternoon, we will move to a home-stay in Phong Dien where you can live the life of a local, experience their daily activities such as scab groping and fish catching on the canal, coconut harvesting or crossing the monkey bridge – one of the world’s ten scariest bridges ranked by Travel & Leisure, the American famous travel magazine. Dinner will be served with local specialties.
In the evening, if the weather permits, you can see thousands of fireflies showing their light over the expansive orchards, drawing a stunning picture.
Overnight at homestay.
In the afternoon, we will visit the Khmer people’s temple, floating fish farm and head up Sam Mountain (Núi Sam) for a great sunset and a bird’s eye view over the paddy fields towards Cambodia.
Overnight at the hotel in Chau Doc.
After the lunch, we will begin a cyclo tour to visit the National Museum, Royal Palace and then Wat Phnom Pagoda where you can enjoy a panoramic view over the city under the sunset.
Overnight in PhnomPenh.
After lunch, you will transfer to the airport for a flight to Siem Reap – a metropolis of Angkor temples. Upon arrival at Siem Reap Airport, our local tour guide will greet you and take you to the hotel.
Overnight in Siem Reap.
After lunch, we will continue visiting the Angkor Wat, which is one of world’s most famous and magnificent temples built in the 12th century on the area of 210 hectares and is listed among 100 must-go destinations in the world.
Overnight in Siem Reap
In the afternoon, we will continue our visit by Thommanon, Takeo – one of the Angkor’s biggest mountain temples, Ta Prohm, Srah Srang, Prasat Kravan and Bakheng where you will be able to enjoy a magnificent sunset view over Angkor Wat and the surrounding countryside.
Overnight in Siem Reap.
Transfer to Siem Reap International Airport for departure flight to the next destination. End of services.
- Vietnam visa approval letter (for visa on arrival only)
- Accommodation in a shared twin or shared double room in selected hotel
- Meals as mentioned
- English speaking guide (for other languages a supplement applies)
- Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air conditioned vehicle unless stated otherwise
- Entrance fees for mentioned visits
- Daily drinking water and cold towel
- Optional activity costs
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Personal expense
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
- Please DO NOT wear shorts or mini-skirts to show your respect when visit temples, pagodas and historical sites.
- Tour program is subject to change due to weather and operating conditions.
US$ 1400 /person