About the Tour
Operated through the best of Mekong Delta, the Mekong tour shows you the real delta with great combination of cultures and sceneries. The itinerary has all its takes to ensure you unforgettable moments from boat trips through winding canals to exploration of hidden islands as well as visits to floating market and traditional handicraft villages. Don’t miss this chance to take a deep insight into the typical beauty of this region with our Mekong Delta tour!
- Discovering the best of Mekong Delta by cruising to some floating markets as well as traditional handicraft villages
- Visiting Cai Be and Cai Rang floating markets, and totally soak into the busting and hustling markets
- Observing the daily life of the locals and experiencing their daily activities such as picking fruits, catching fish and crossing the monkey bridge, etc.
After lunch, you continue floating on a sampan wandering small creeks among islands and enjoy fresh cool air, peaceful landscapes with many lush fresh fruit gardens along the banks. During this 1-hour boat trip, you will surely have nice photos and taste fresh fruit as much as you can then disembark to come back to Can Tho City.
Arrive in Can Tho, after checking-in your hotel, you will be free to explore city after dinner. Overnight in Can Tho.
Let the bustling atmosphere, the vast of fruit, the sounds of rowing boats and trading activities, and the traffic on the river show you how interesting Cai Rang floating market is. Especially, you can also join these trading activities by buying some kinds of fresh fruits, and you can select and bargain whatever you want like a real local person. After that, the sampan will take you along small creeks to visit large lush fruit gardens.
At noon, you will return to the wharf and lunch will be served at a local restaurant in Can Tho.
In the afternoon, our guide will lead you to a local house in Can Tho. Come there, you will have a chance to become a real farmer by joining the locals’ daily activities including going through monkey bridges, catching crabs and fish, picking coconuts,… Or if you want to, you can take a bike and freely discover the surroundings and talk with locals to learn more about their culture. Then you will taste your dinner with traditional dishes in the local family. Additionally, if the weather is fine, you can take a chance to watch fireflies at night.
Overnight at the home-stay.
Spend your night at a local hotel Chau Doc.
Goodbye Chau Doc, you will stay on an 6-hour drive to come back Ho Chi Minh City. This tour will come to an end in the late afternoon in Ho Chi Minh City.
Trip ends in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Private English speaking tour guide
- Transportations mentioned
- All meals mentioned (B=Breakfast, L= Lunch, D=Dinner)
- Entrance fees
- Boat trip
- Mineral water placed in your cabin.
- Side trips on sampans as mentioned in the itineraries
- Visa arrangement
- Alcohol drinks
- Personal expense
- Other meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary
- The tour could be customized to connect with Cambodia tours by booking a speed boat from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh. If you are interested in Cambodia tours, don’t hesitate to contact us to serve you best.