Hidden Hanoi Walking Morning Small Group Tour
About the tour
Discover Hanoi’s heart and soul on this half-day walking tour of Hanoi’s hidden treasures and must-see attractions. The tour is designed specifically for those who want to understand more about history and cuisine of Hanoi and wander around the Old Quarter both on foot and by a cycle rickshaw (cyclo). The vehicle moves at a leisurely pace that is perfect for taking photos and slow-moving sightseeing. Just sit back and relax while weaving through the busiest small alleyways of Hanoi and end at a local restaurant to have a traditional Vietnamese lunch. Join with us!
- Visit the ancient citadel and other famous historical sites by cyclo
- Explore lesser known and unique streets of Hanoi on foot for delving down into the local culture
- Take photo at the 11th-century Quan Thanh temple
- Taste famous wedding cakes on Hang Than street
- From the meeting point at Porte D’Annam Restaurant located at no.22, Nha Tho street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi, start your walking tour with a walk to the Northern Gate of the ancient citadel, which is a gargantuan fortress in Hanoi’s heart. Here you will learn about the history of this monument before visiting Cua Bac Church, a beautiful establishment reflecting French and catholic influence in the city.
- After that, stroll through the leafy Phan Dinh Phung road, the so-called most beautiful road in Vietnam, with ancient dracontomelum trees along the sidewalks. Admire magnificent French-colonial architecture villas along the way to Quan Thanh Temple. This 11th-century temple is one of the oldest and most significant in Hanoi.
- Enjoy the fresh air of West Lake then and walk along the lakeshore to head to Chau Long market to get a closer look at Hanoian culture. You then can explore street stalls and take a quick break at a local restaurant where you can sample Pho Cuon, a savory snack similar to fresh spring rolls.
- Hang Than street is your next destination in this morning walking tour, in which you will find many thriving wedding cake stores. Listen to your local host talk about Vietnam’s unique wedding culture. Keep walking to Long Bien Railway Station and contemplate the beautiful view over the Red River underneath the impressive Long Bien bridge.
- A cyclo ride will wrap up your walking tour, with leisurely pace, which is ideal for photo taking and sightseeing.
- End this morning tour with a lunch at a local restaurant.
- Hotel transfers
- Entrance fees
- Welcome drink
- English speaking tour guide
- Other person expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Children 2 and younger are free of charge if going with a paying adult
- Participants in the tour should have healthy, unblocked breathing and good circulation
- The maximal number of people in a group is 8
- Check in 15 minutes before your pickup time