About the Tour
A short drive from Hanoi to Hoa Lu (Ninh Binh province), the ancient capital of Vietnam with many attractions for visit. Take a view of the city from the top of the mountain here after visiting the two temples of the first Kings of Vietnam, you will easily understand why Hoa Lu can capture the hearts of those who visit. Don’t miss the rowing boat trip to visit Tam Coc (Three caves) because your experience in this province will be impossible to put into words and even harder to capture in pictures – you just have to experience it!
- Visit Hoa Lu old citadel and the temples of the first kings of Vietnam
- Board on a rowing boat in a trip in Tam Coc
- Contemplate sublime scenery of the inland Halong Bay
- Understand more about history, culture and life of northern Vietnamese countryside
Our guide will pick you up at your hotel in Hanoi at around 8:15 and depart for Hoa Lu – the ancient capital of Vietnam. Upon arrival in Hoa Lu, we will start to visit the two temples of the two first kings of Vietnam, and then climb up to the mountain to enjoy the panoramic view of the ancient capital.
After that, we will move to Tam Coc Area – usually called “Halong Bay on Land” and stop for lunch at a local restaurant before taking a 2.5-hour rowing boat trip along the Ngo Dong river to visit Tam Coc (Three Caves) – one of Vietnam’s most spectacular sights with vast limestone cliffs rising out of the rice paddies. The great combination of nature and culture will give you more memorable moments in your photos before we get back to the pier and drive back to Hanoi.
Trip ends in Hanoi at around 17:30.
- Private land transfer
- English speaking tour guide
- Meal(s) as indicated
- Entry Fees (if any)
- Shuttle bus transfer
- Travel Insurance
- Domestic & International flight (if any)
- Vietnam visa arrangement
- Tips and Gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Wear casually, like comfortable athletic clothing, hiking shoes, light jacket and hat
- Weather-dependent activity