Discover Hidden Treasures of Mekong Delta
About the Tour
This energetic journey covers an off-beaten-path Mekong Delta and spectacular territory. You will get a different view of Locals life and culture here. You have time to cycle through endless coconut lines , mesmerizing fluorescent green rice fields and capture the true beauty of Mekong Delta. Each day, each city you experience will help you realize the quite different color. Tra Vinh with Khmer Culture, Can Tho with Cai Rang Floating market and Cham people villages along the river in Chau Doc will raise your curiousity to get to know deeper and deeper in this spectacular land.
- Visiting Tra Vinh – A hidden district of the west Mekong Delta. A place where exist a harmonious combination of Kinh people, Khmer and chinese’s Culture
- Biking around the villages and discover the things which you’ve never seen before
- Learning more about the southern and northern Buddhism.
- Communicating with the monks and listening the scripture
- Experiencing the local’s daily activities such as transplanting rice, tree, catching crap, fishing, etc
- Visiting the handicraft village: Candy, Rice paper, honey moon making workshop, etc
- Boating in Tra su Melaleuca forest
In the afternoon, You will jump on your bike and explore the villages along Mekong river, communicating with the locals and discover their culture. The next stops are Khmer Buddhism pagodsa and Cao Dai Church will give you knowledge about the mixture of culture and tradition.
Having dinner with the host and overnight at Homestay.
You can choose continuing to bike and communicate with the locals Or join the local’s daily activities such as fishing, planting tree or pick fruit, etc with the host.
After the lunch, you will depart for Can Tho to visit Con Son – A featured community tourist site there. Enjoying the fresh air around the immense garden with numerous kind of fruit, joining a cooking class in the garden and learn to make cakes with the local chef.
Check in 3* hotel, overnight in Can Tho.
Back to your hotel for breakfast. It then takes you 3 hours to Chau Doc to discover this beautiful Town. We will get on a boat through Cham people’s villages in the riverside and get to know about their handicraft product – Silk weaving. The boat keeps taking you to Chau Giang District where the biggest Islamic church of the Cham community is located.
At the afternoon, you’ll visit khmer’s temper, fishing farm then move to Sam mountant to enjoy the breath-taking view and sunset over the mountain.
Over night in Sam Mountaint Victoria Hotel 3*.
Option 1: After the breakfast, you will get on coach to the dock and take a speedboat to Phnompenh and continue the trip in Cambodia.
Option 2: After the breakfast, You will visit “Ba Chua Xu” Temple to find out Vietnam’s mothership beliefs, go around Chau Doc market and buy some souvenirs for your beloveds. Then we will travel to Tra Su Melaleuca forest.
Stop for luch in the restaurant. It takes you 8 hours on the way to HCM city.
The trip end at late afternoon.
- English speaking tourguide
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- Entrance fees
- Experiencing the local’s activities
- Mineral water placed in your cabin
- Side trips on sampans as mentioned in the itineraries
- Persional expense
- Note: From Chau Doc district, you easily book a speedboat ticket to travel Cambodia. If you have a request, please let us know and we will support you at best.