About the Tour
Coming to this truly cultural experience, you will have a chance to harmonize through the daily activities of local fisherman. Especially, you can explore the history of Hoi An and the customs of the local people through a local villagers’ story. Moreover, the half-day tour offers you a great opportunity to learn the art of making interesting things by coconut leaves as well as to explore the rice paddy field of our peaceful countryside.
- Enjoying the beautiful natural scenery of Hoi An countryside
- Experiencing the local fishermen’s daily activities like casting the net, fishing, crab hunting, rowing basket boat, etc.
- Listening to the local villagers talking about the history of Hoi An
- Having a Vietnamese traditional lunch at a beautiful bamboo house in the water coconut village
Our guide will pick you up at your hotel in Hoi An town at around 9:00 and we will then transfer to a boat’s dock. Rowing boat on the Thu Bon River, you will have chance to get an insight into the local fishermen’s life through their daily activities such as casting the net, fishing, crab hunting as well as to try paddling the basket boat to the water coconut village that used to be the shelter for Vietnamese soldiers during the war. We will take a visit to a beautiful house built with bamboo and coconut leaves and taste a traditional Vietnamese meal with many kinds of cold drinks such as: fresh coconut juice, coke or even beer. During the meal, our local friends will tell you about the village’s stories to help you have an exhaustive look at the Vietnam history.
After lunch, on the way back to Hoi An ancient town, you will cycle through the rice paddy fields, rivers and some small villages and contemplate the beautiful countryside landscape. Last but not least, you will have a cup of the traditional coffee at the No.1 coffee shop of the town. The journey is pleasurable and what you experience is definitely rewarding.
Reaching Hoi An at around 15:00, you can either visit the old town or return to the hotel by our private car. Tour ends here.
- Hotel pick up & drop off
- English speaking guide
- Boat, Basket Boat
- Attractions Entrance Fee
- Purified drinking Waters and Snack
- Healthy Vietnamese Lunch with local farmers
- Personal expenses
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Total length of boat trip: 2.5 hours
- Total length of cycling: 30-45 minutes
- Road surface: Rural/Trail
- Difficulty: Normal/Easy