Conquering the most majestic Vietnam Northwest Mountains
About the Tour
Are you a real adventure lover and looking for an exclusive trekking trip to discover a non-touristy place in Vietnam Northwest? Then our four-day exclusive trekking trip to conquer the legendary Ngu Chi Son (Five Finger Moutains) will surely be your ideal choice. Taking a loop from Sapa to conquer one among the five peaks of the mountain range by a secret route which explored by the drug transporters during last centuries, the itinerary has all it takes to ensure you a real adventure trip with deeply unforgettable moments. Let’s be the very first traveler conquering this spectacular mountain range in the Northwest of Vietnam.
- Exploring the spectacular scenery of the mountain range which is considered the most beautiful in the Northwest of Vietnam
- Conquering one among five peaks of Ngu Chi Son Mountains (may known as Wuzhishan or Five Fingers mountains) at the altitude of 2650m by the secret route of drug transporters during last centuries
- Hiking to Sin Chai and Cat Cat village in Sapa to learn about the daily life and unique culture values of ethnic groups in the Northwest of Vietnam
At around 8am, you’ll be transferred from Sapa town to the trekking point. Along the way, you’ll have a chance to contemplate the great O Qui Ho mountain pass, stop for some shots of wild but poetry natural beauty. Arrive at the trekking point, you’ll meet our local porters and start conquering the Ngu Chi Son peak. A silk range falling from the sky down to the mountain will amazed you first.
After picnic lunch, we continue the trek up the 1,600m hill range through primeval and cardamom forests passing the very rugged cliffs to the 2,000m base camp. Stop to set sleeping tents, enjoy dinner and join in our camp-fire.
Proceeding along the stream, you’ll continue reaching the stone cave at the height of 2.400m. Here you’ll feel a wonderful transition in the natural space and the panoramic views of the majestic mountains. You’ll then stop for camping in the cave and enjoy dinner with some glasses of vine. Sleep in tent.
After the small party, you’ll continue trekking down to the ancient land of the H’Mong residents living on the foot of the spectacular Ngu Chi Son where it is cool all year round before heading to the pick-up point to get back to Sapa Town. Checking-in a hotel at Sapa Town, you’ll enjoy herbal bath of the Red Dzao people to relax and recover your body after the hard-but-reward trekking days while waiting for the late dinner with full of local specialties.
Different from the itinerary of the previous days, on the way of trekking downhill to Sin Chai and Cat Cat Villages, a residence of Black H’mong ethnic minority, you will see the panorama of Sapa with floating smoke from peaceful wooden houses, a clean stream, grey mountain ranges and immense terraces.
After lunch at Cat Cat Village, you trek back to Sapa for showering, relaxing and spending leisure time shopping before driving to Lao Cai Railway Station for the night-train back to Hanoi. Stay overnight on train. The adventure trekking tour ends at the station in Hanoi.
- Transportation as itinerary mentioned
- Soft sleeper sharing cabin train Lao Cai - Hanoi (two-way)
- Accommodation in Sapa
- Meals as mentioned (B= Breakfast; L= Lunch; D=Dinner)
- Fresh water, tea or local coffee and snack for trekking days
- Gloves, first aid kit
- Tents and water-proof jacket
- Sleeping bags
- Local porters (02 pax/porter, private porter +15$)
- English speaking experienced guide
- All admissions and environment fees
- Visa arrangement
- Private expends (beverage, laundry...)
- Private trekking accessories (see what to bring)
- Gratuities for guide and porters
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary
- This is a private trip with sharing 4-berths cabin on the train.
- Guide speaking other languages is subject to availability.
- The tour program is subject to change due to weather and operating conditions.
- Tour could be well operated from September to May of the following year. For rainy seasons in June, July and August, please request.