About the Tour
Going on Chan May Port to Hue City Day Tour, visitors will experience a joyful shore excursion to discover all the top enchanting sights of Hue City, encompassing Tomb of Khai Dinh, the Imperial Citadel, Thien Mu Pagoda,…
These historic architecture stand as a remembrance of Vietnam’s one-time dynasty, which helps you to gain a deeper understanding of Vietnamese history. Besides, a scenic boat ride along the Perfume River enables you to take numerous oil painting-like pictures to diversify your travel album.
The journey to this former capital from Chan May Port provides visitors with comfortable round-trip port transfer and an experienced tour guide. All of them promise to bring about truly memorable experiences.
- Explore royal architectural structures of Hue’s Citadel
- Enjoy a panoramic boat ride on the Perfume River
- Learn about Buddhist practices at Thien Mu Pagoda
- Purchase nice souvenirs at Dong Ba handicraft market
- Get engrossed in the slow and peaceful pace of life in Hue City
Things to Know
Tour price based on group size:
P/S: If you would like to be picked up inside the port, you need to pay 20 USD extra.
|Number of people||1||2||3 – 5||6 – 8||9 – 12||13 – 15|
|Price per person (package)||$150||$110||$90||$70||$60||$55|
|Price per peron (only transfer)||$110||$70||$60||$55||$45||$40|
- Kids under 5 years old: free of charge
- 5 – under 10 years old: 75% of adult price
- >=10 years old: as adult rate
8:00 – 9:00: When your cruise disembarks in Chan May Port, our driver and tour guide will pick you up to head to Hue center. After a 1-hour drive, you will enter Hue City and begin your sightseeing trip.
The first stop in your itinerary is Tomb of Khai Dinh. This hillside monument is a combination of both Vietnamese and European architecture, with bombastic execution and spacious area. It’s well worth taking some photos of this royal tomb during your journey.
Next, you will be taken to the Imperial Citadel – the former capital of Vietnam. It was erected in the 19th century under the Nguyen Dynasty – the last reign in Vietnamese history. Its ramparts and palaces will definitely enchant your eyes as you gradually visit its outer courts, temples, and finally outer courts. Here you can have a chance to contemplate well-known tourist attractions like Thai Hoa Temple, Trieu Temple, Duyet Thi Duong Royal Theater and Forbidden City.
After finishing your morning tour, you will enjoy your lunch at a local restaurant. Then you can take a rest before continuing the schedule.
Your afternoon tour will start with an exhilarating boat trip upstream the Perfume River to reach Thien Mu Pagoda. Located on a small hill overlooking the river, this seven-storey pagoda is home to myriads of beautiful flowers and ornamental plants. While visiting Thien Mu Pagoda, it’s fantastic to get exposure to some Buddhist traditions, and hear the sound of the bell liquefying into the solemn and quiet atmosphere.
The very last destination that you will admire is Dong Ba Market. At this bustling market, you can feel free to shop for some favourite items of handicrafts before returning to the port.
16:00: Tour ends.
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Private air-conditioned transportation (car/bus/van)
- Professional English speaking guide
- Permission fee for port pickup
- Car fee
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Wooden dragon boat for Perfume River sightseeing tour
- Lunch at a good local restaurant
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- Beverages in meal
- Souvenir photos
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours before the start date.
- A current valid passport is compulsory on the departure day.
- With inside port pick-up demand, please inform us 7 days in advance.
- If you have any specific food requirements (vegan meal for example) or food allergies, please inform us in advance.