Traveling to Vietnam, especially Hanoi without enjoying a traditional water puppet show is such regret. But it would be much more regretful if you enjoy the show without thoroughly understanding this well-known traditional Vietnamese art. By getting a look behind the scenes, this half-day tour in Hanoi would help you have a profound overview of Vietnamese culture as well as experience the hard but creative work of water puppet artisans. Join us now; you will surely have unforgettable moments and feelings!
Our guide will welcome you at your hotel and then we will take a short drive to visit the house of the most famous and experienced water puppet artisan, who:
- devoted more than 20 years of his life to water puppet,
- changed 10 square meters on his 4th floor into a “mini-home theatre” to introduce the unique traditional art form of Vietnamese water puppetry to friends worldwide.
After a short tea break with the host, we will watch his own water puppet plays telling both ancient and modern stories of traditions and normal daily life and learn how the water puppet show performed in a “mini-home theatre” different from that performed in the traditional stage.
When the show ends, we spend some more time to try playing with the puppets. The behind-the-scene experience will be a unique and unforgettable memory in your life.
We have 1 hour and a half to enjoy the water puppet show before transferring back to the hotel.
Tour ends here.
- English speaking guide (for other languages a supplement applies)
- Pickup and drop-off by private car
- Private water puppet show
- Artist interaction
- Visa arrangement
- Other meals than mentioned
- Personal expenses