A Community Based Tour of Mekong Delta
About the Tour
The Community based tour of Mekdong Delta is a customized tour for those who want to have a more memorable stay in Mekong by focusing on local life experience at Tan Phong Island. You will be offered more time to explore the island: cycling around Tan Phong, participating in locals’ farming activity of “ditch fishing hook”, learning to make handicraft products as well as spending one night in homestay which is surrounded by lush fruit gardens. Also, the tour is a chance for you to experience the Mekong culture and the rive life of Mekong people.
- Cycling to discover Tan Phong Island, Cai Be – the lush orchards of Mekong region
- Exploring the Mekong culture and the locals’ life by visiting the Cai Be market and floating market, the Cao Dai Temple Cai Be, the Cai Be Catholic Church, traditional handicraft workshops and fruit gardens
- Joining activities such as: cycling around Tan Phong, rowing boat, “ditch fishing hook” and trying making handicraft products under the locals’ instruction
- Staying overnight at Tan Phong homestay surrounded by fruit gardens and savouring the specialties of Mekong region
Reaching Cai Be at 9:30, we will firstly visit the Cai Be Cao Dai Temple with the Caodaism, a unique religion in this region; and the Cai Be Catholic Church. Afterwards, you will get on the boat and transfer to visit both of Cai Be land market and floating market, where our local tour guide will introduce you the agricultural marine products. You will also have chance to buy some ingredients to prepare for dinner. Leaving the markets, you will embark the boat to transfer to Tan Phong Island. Check-in your homestay and enjoy lunch at hotel restaurant.
In the afternoon, you will participate in locals’ daily activity of “ditch fishing hook”. What a great experience when you can catch fish of Mekong for your dinner! After finishing the activity, you will back to Tan Phong Island and relax at your homestay.
In the late afternoon, you will help our local chefs of homestay to prepare dishes for dinner. Enjoy dinner and stay overnight at Tan Phong homestay.
Saying goodbye to the hospitable host, we keep on biking to the bang conical hat (nón bàng) workshop. Cycle back to Tan Phong homestay for lunch. Check-out your homestay.
At about 15:00, you will embark the boat to leave Tan Phong Island for the pier to come back Ho Chi Minh City at 17:30. End of tour.
- Hotel pick up & drop off
- All meals as mention
- English speaking guide
- Boat, rowing boat
- Attractions Entrance Fee
- Healthy Vietnamese Lunch with local people
- Personal expenses
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Total length of boat trip: 2.5 hours
- Total length of cycling: 30-45 minutes
- Road surface: Rural/Trail
- Difficulty: Normal/Easy