3-Day Tour Exploring Dien Bien Phu War
About the Tour
Joining this 3-day tour to Dien Bien Phu, you will have the chance to visit all the historical landmarks in the famous Dien Bien Phu War in Vietnam back in 1954. If you are into Vietnam’s history and world’s history, you should probably know that Dien Bien Phu War is one of our most famous victories that completely forced the French army to surrend and leave Vietnam, a milestone that marks the complete failure of France in its attempt to rebuild Indochina in particular and its colonial empire in general after World War II, thereby ended 400 years of old colonialism in the world.
- Visit all historical landmarks in the Dien Bien Phu War
- Be informed about the war by an experienced tour guide
- Experience the luxury 4-star hotel - Muong Thanh Hotel
On arrival to Dien Bien, you will have lunch and check in Muong Thanh Hotel.
In the afternoon, you will visit many historical sites such as: Dien Bien Phu Museum, the bunker headquaters of French commander, Colonel Christian de Casties.
After that, you will be taken to A1 hill - where the actual bitter fights took place in the past.
At around 7PM, you will go back to the hotel for dinner and stay overnight in Dien Bien.
After breakfast, you will visit Muong Thanh bridge - an old bridge which is preserved and closed to motorised traffic. After that, you will see the bunker where Chief Artillery Commander Pirot committed suicide.
Next, you will be transfered to the place where General Comander Vo Nguyen Giap of Vietnam Military conmmanded Vietnamese army to win the French troops in the war.
At 7PM, you will go back to the hotel and have dinner at Muong Thanh hotel with local famous food. Overnight in Dien Bien Phu.
Then, we will transfer to the airport to fly back to Hanoi. A late lunch will be served in Hanoi before you are transferred back to your hotel.
Tour price in US dollars valid until Dec 2021
|Number of people||1||2||3||4||5||6|
|Price per person||N/A||350||292||249||223||205|
- 02 nights in sharing room basic at 4-star Muong Thanh hotel
- 2 breakfasts at hotel
- 2 dinners at restaurant at hotel
- Transfer during tour
- Entrance fee to the historical landmarks
- Other transportations not mentioned
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tour price may change during special occasions like Christmas, New Year’s Eve or other National Holidays.
- If you are allergic to any type of food or have specific food requirements (vegan meals for instance), please inform us in advance.